Sunday, August 1, 2010

Mixtapes -- "Maps" + "Thought About Growing Up"

Maps

Thought About Growing Up

Welcome to the blog, and here we go!
I've had the full-length by Cincinnati pop-punkers Mixtapes for a while, but, for some reason, I never bothered to listen to it. A little while ago, I decided to listen to it on a whim, and, believe me, it's incredible. Fast-paced pop-punk with male-female vocals make this a driving listen that really makes you want to move your feet. I started listening to Maps on my way to work, because it's almost exactly the length of my commute, and I started trying to dig up more about this band. Turns out, they recently released an EP called Thought About Growing Up. It's in a similar vein as Maps, but songs like "Pop Rocks n' Coke" and "Sprinkles" kick the energy up a notch. If you like early Lemuria, (think "Trivial Greek Mythology" or "Getting Over Ourselves") definitely be sure to check this out.



No comments:

Post a Comment